Access Keys:

Summerseat Methodist Primary School, Summerseat, Bury
Mysql Error: SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'imglink' in 'field list'

History of our school

The school was founded in 1840 and the present building was opened in 1863 by the Methodist mill owner, John Robinson Kay, to serve the children of the mill working community. Athough the school has developed and modernised to meet the needs of a changing world, it still values its links with the past.

We are a Voluntary Controlled Methodist School and work in co-operation with Rowlands Methodist Church to serve the village of Summerseat.